Welcome to my course, the elemental journey of purposeful memoir! Come along with me on this very special journey if:
* You want to explore your past in order to better understand who you are today, and who you want to become;
*You would like the benefit of creative, open-ended writing prompts to inspire you to dig into your memory and write;
* You want help in understanding the purpose of and audience for your memoir, as well as thoughtful guidance in mapping the narrative structure that will pull your far-flung memories together into a coherent whole;
* You're looking for a wise, caring, experienced teacher to mentor you on this journey.
What you'll get....
* Six course modules, delivered in four batches for one month from your date of enrollment, each with an audio-visual lesson, transcript, and worksheets to help stimulate and organize your memoir writing;
* My new e-book, The Elemental Journey of Purposeful Memoir: A Writer's Companion, a twelve-month, step-by-step guide to writing purposeful memoir;
* Lots of inspiring writing prompts and writing instruction, based on my many years of college teaching and workshop leading, guiding you to unlock the storehouse of your memory and find your purpose in writing memoir.
* Membership in the exclusive Purposeful Memoir Facebook Group, including weekly Facebook Live chats with yours truly;
* Special discounted pricing on an initial coaching session or series of sessions with me.
Would you believe me if I told you that my passion in life is to nurture the voices and visions of people like you? Well, it's true!
I have been a writer since I learned how to spell. I earned a B.A. in English and journalism, then a Ph.D. in Comparative Literature, and I have been teaching literature, writing, leadership, gender and media studies at the college level for more than 25 years.
I have published widely, including a new memoir, What I Forgot...And Why I Remembered; a writer's guide to purposeful memoir; and three edited collections of women's writing from the Americas and Africa (read more about my books here). I also co-founded a small publishing company, Green Fire Press, to help bring important voices--like yours!--out into print.
Whether you’re an experienced writer or a novice, no matter your age or background, you can write a purposeful memoir that will move and inspire others. We’re all on this elemental journey together, and my goal as a writer, teacher, author coach and editor is to nourish and support your voice and your vision, for the benefit of us all.
Looking for more guidance?
- Book me for one-on-one coaching sessions, manuscript consultation and editing!
- Take a workshop with me! I regularly offer workshops in purposeful memoir, of varying lengths and formats. Check my upcoming schedule here. If you don’t see a workshop near you, ask your local writing center, college or community organization to invite me, or get a group together yourself—I’ll come!
- Read my purposeful memoir, What I Forgot…And Why I Remembered: A Journey to Environmental Awareness and Activism. Share it with your book group and invite me to join you in person or by Skype for an author visit!
- For more inspiring purposeful memoirs and writing advice, check out the suggested readings in the back of both What I Forgot and my Writer’s Companion.
- Keep in touch!
Find me at email@example.com.